Drive Publishing was formed in the year 2000 by a partnership of three hot rod enthusiasts for the purpose of publishing Cruzin Magazine. The first edition of Cruzin magazine was released in November 2000. The combination of hot rods, American classics, early Australian cars and kustom kulture elements proved popular and Cruzin has grown to become the preferred title for many hot rod enthusiasts and the related industry.
In November 2010, Drive Publishing released the first edition of Gasoline magazine. Gasoline magazine is dedicated to street machines and muscle cars of the chrome bumper era (1949-1979) and was released in response to a growing interest in these models.
Since our inception we have supported other small independent publishers, both local and foreign, by selling and promoting a range of other lifestyle publications. We also proudly support Australian hot rod and classic car clubs and recognise the dedication of those organisations and individuals who regularly donate to worthy causes and work tirelessly to keep our hobby vibrant and fun
Drive Publishing Pty Ltd is owned and operated by Gavin and Belinda Kelso. Gavin and Belinda are dedicated to the continued growth of both Gasoline and Cruzin magazines and are constantly evaluating the content and presentation to satisfy the needs of both readers and advertisers.
- Nov 2000
- Issue 1 of Cruzin magazine released, just 64 pages.
- July 2001
- Cruzin 1955 Ford Ranchwagon project car arrives from New Zealand.
- Sep 2003
- Cruzin magazine Ultimate Aussie Supercruise takes place as cars converge from all over Australia to Alice Springs.
- May 2004
- Cruzin Magazine Ranchwagon unveiled at Brisbane Hot Rod and Street Machine Spectacular.
- Jul 2004
- Cruzin Magazine Nostalgia Drags first meeting at Willowbank Raceway. A renewed interest in nostalgia drag racing results in regular nostalgia meetings around the country today.
- Jan 2009
- Cruzin Magazine 100th Issue released.
- Nov 2010
- Issue 1 of Gasoline magazine released.
- Mar 2011
- Drive Publishing relocates to Coomera.
- Oct 2013
- DriveBuy online store launched (www.drivebuy.net.au)